Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 October 2011

oh no!

Sam is getting married.  In February.  And there's a partner-of-the-father-of-the-bride size hole in my wardrobe.  And funnily enough, it's annoying me that I will have to find something rather than seeing it as a window of opportunity to break my no clothes for a year commitment.  Several friends, bless them, have offered to lend me something, sort of overlooking the elephant in the room which is that I am at least three dress sizes bigger than any one of them.  I've resolved to get my outfit from a charity shop, it's the least compromise I can manage.  First, I looked at hire sites and was horrified at what the mother of the bride (there wasn't a more appropriate category) is expected to hire.  Outfits in shiny satin which would make me feel so uncomfortable.  Poor Chris, he's dreading having to wear a hire penguin suit.  We are both so much jeans and jumpers dressers.  I'm kind of burying my head in the sand right now but know that I will have to start the charity shop trawl soon and that means travelling to posher places and I know I won't be able to find what I would normally have fun shopping to buy.  Misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment