Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 August 2011

The last shoping expedition?? 11th August

The idea started when Ma gave me £25 of M&S vouchers yesterday.  Before that, I was quite decided that the Year of No Clothes Buying would start soon.  I had worked out roughly how much money I might save over the year (good) and pondered various obstacles - would I accept clothes as gifts? discount those bought from charity shops? or what if I bought material to make them myself?  My inner shopper niggled away. (Bad.) until the vouchers.  Well, of course I ended up at M&S today.  Early. A 30 mile round trip adding to the guild of my carbon footprint.  And guess what, there wasn't much I wanted at M&S (good) but I managed to buy a pair of trousers anyway (useful, bad). I was leaving the shopping centre, honestly, but made a small diversion into Wallis where I bought two lovely tops. (£71, yikes.)  I'm wearing one now, it is beautiful and I do feel good in it.  The other one is for a party next Saturday, although I had already decided I'd wear my new  dress.  I'm beginning to feel this is like dieting.  Just do it.  No more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment